RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nexstar problem - Loose horizontal stab
Old 01-06-2007, 08:53 PM
chris750

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nexstar problem - Loose horizontal stab

ORIGINAL: bruce88123

You're gonna have to work with me a bit here Chris as I haven't built one of these before so I'm working by what I've seen at the field and am reading in the manual, OK?

First I am assuming that you are saying that you can't get the plastic screw/nuts to install properly on the studs that are mounted in the vert fin and stuck down thru the horizontal stab. These screw/nuts are not supposed to go up inside where they will be unseen.

Is the front hole simply too small and if you enlarged it slightly would all be OK?
Ok, forget the vertical fin for now, thats not the problem. I've inserted the horizontal stab so the holes align with the holes in the fuselage. The holes are the same diameter. When the REAR screw is pushed up so the head of it is flush with the bottom of the fuselage, the end part (skinny part) of the screw sticks up through the hole until the wide part is now through the hole in the horizontal stab, therefore securing it nicely because the wide part is the same diameter as the hole.

When I insert the FRONT screw in the same manner, all the way up so the head is flush with the fuselage, the top of the screw only just reaches the hole, which means the skinny part of the screw is through the hole, therefore allowing for the movement. In other words, because the screws are tapered, it appears as though it needs a longer screw so the wide part of it can reach up to the hole in the stab. Does this make sense? If not let me know i'll try to clarify it further.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86131.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	592229