RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nexstar problem - Loose horizontal stab
Old 01-06-2007, 10:11 PM
chris750

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nexstar problem - Loose horizontal stab

ORIGINAL: RCKen

A picture would help a lot if you can manage it.

Ok, let me ask this. Even though the front screw is loose in the hole, does it still securely thread into the vertical stabilizer? Does it get enough thread on the vertical stabilizer to tighten it down against the fuselage? I understand that you still have a little bit of wobble in the stabilizer because the hole is bigger than the screw, but other than that is it tight??

Ken
Sorry about the poor quality pic, but its the best I could do with the camera phone. Hopefully you can see that the rear screw protrudes further through the hole than the front one. Once again, they are both sitting flush on the bottom side of the fuselage. The rear one comes up far enough so the top of it comes up about 3/4 of an inch past the top of the stabilizer, therefore the wider part of the screw is sitting through the hole in the stab, securing it. The front one only comes up far enough so the top of the screw actually sits flush with the top of the stab. That means because the top of the screw is skinnier, there is space between the edges of the screw, and the hole allowing for movement.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23457.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	592322