RCU Forums - View Single Post - How to fix/patch holes?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 02:35 PM
Kenshin23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to fix/patch holes?

Hi everyone, and thanks for all your replies. I really appreciate it.
Apparently, my uncle is flying to Caracas (which is where the hobby shop is) sometime next week to -among other things- pick up some 30 meters of monokote. I think he's a little too excited (and scared, from what happened to our plane) as well. [sm=tongue_smile.gif]

@Newc: Hehehe, thanks for the welcome. About the iron: yeah, it was one of the first things I found out about after the initial scare after seeing the hole on the plane's wing. (Initial thought: "Oh sh...!" Second thought: " Shame. New, and we'll never get to fly it..." Third: "Bah, I'll just log on and see what I can find about fixing it." ) I've seen that it takes a little more skill than I have to iron monokote, so I'll leave that part for the pilots at the club.
Also, about flying, since I'm used to flying big planes (in Flight Simulator X, at least), I'm looking at trying or buying one of the flight sims for R/C planes. My choice so far is RealFlight G3.5, but the price tag is a little too much for me at the moment (although, it's better to spend on a flight sim that will let me crash as many times as I need to learn, than crashing a model that will probably only let me do that once, if at all.).
In any case, once I get to the airfield, I'll ask some of the pilots there to give me and my dad a hand with flying it. Hope it all goes well.

Thanks again, and once I get it fixed, I'll post pictures so you can see.