RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are the Magazines history?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 05:41 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Are the Magazines history?

ORIGINAL: JL636

What will kill magazines will be the price. I went into the local bookstore the other day, walked out with 2 RC magazines and $14.00 poorer. I recently subscribed to RC Report hoping I could get something other than rave reviews and advertising. We'll see.
R.C Report is the only one that I voluntairialy subscribe to (MA does not count, since I do not have the choice). While Gordon still publishes what is (IMHO) the only honest publication left out there, they are moving rapidly in the direction of ARF's and E.P.. When my subscription expires, I probably will not renew. If I wanted to read all about the next ARF, or Electrified whiz-bang, I can do that by just reading M.A.. I know that the guys that do the monthly columns for RCR have some latitude in what they write, but in the last few issues, they have gotten their two cents worth in with their feelings toward ARF's. And for the most part (Dick Watz excluded) have come down squarely on the ARF side of the fence. Nothing wrong with that, It's just not something in which I have an interest, and I will spend my money elsewhere. If you are an ARFer, then you probably will enjoy what you see there. I, personally can't see the advantage in detailing an ARF, and attempting to make it something that it is not. I suppose that there is nothing left out there in the publishing arena for people such as myself. I, therefore, will continue to spend what little free time that I have available either here on RCU, or on R.C. Scalebuilder.

Regards,

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1