RCU Forums - View Single Post - robart pin points on DP330L
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2003, 08:46 PM
Flymyplane
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hinges

Im kinda going through this mode too! I have a DP extra from the 2nd batch. I have installed 6 robart hinge points per aileron but have 5 CA hinges per elevator and 5 CA hinges on the rudder. These are the CA hinges included with the kit. One thing to keep in mind, you will need to add balsa blocks for the hinge points to adhere too! Otherwise the hinge points could pull out. This means extra work. That is why Im contemplating keeping with my CA hinges in both elevator and Rudder. Is anybody using the stock CA hinges? If so, how are they working out? Im using a gas engine, should I go with the hinge points? Or leave my elevators and Rudder alone? I have also thought about adding extra CA hinges or longer lengths between the installed CA hinges. I would add them, like adding a strip of ultracote to seal the gap? In other words, strip the ultraote at the hinge line, and seal the gap with CA hinge material instead of ultracote. The hinge would only be CA'd to the outside, but could add reinforcing strength?