RCU Forums - View Single Post - robart pin points on DP330L
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2003, 10:15 PM
santi
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default robart pin points on DP330L

ok lets see.

1. cut the covering right on the center of the double beveled Peel back the covering just enough so i can get my 1/2x1/2 in balsa on the leading edge of the ailerons. Be careful not to rip the covering

2. Epoxy about a 1/2"X1/2"X1" piece of the balsa stock where you will put the hinge. there is one part on the ailerons where you will have to cut the 1/16" balsa sheet about 1-1/2" square at the end of the ailerons just so you can get that piece of balsa in there. Then glue it back in with ca. Well thats what i use

3. Drill a 3/16 just enough to get the hinge in. DO NOT DRILL ALL THE WAY THROUGH! At this part i trimmed out about 1/4 inch off the end of the hinge so it will not penetrate through the balsa block in the back. Don't forget to test fit it to your satisfaction.

4. Mix the 15 min epoxy and insert it into the holes. I prefer using something like a syringe Its called a monoject to get em into the holes. BE SURE TO PUT SOME TYPE OF OIL ON THE HINGE SO THE EPOXY WONT ADHERE TO EM. then insert your hinges in. Clean up the squeeze out and repeat steps 1/4 on the other side

When you do the wing portion you will have to cut out another square out of the balsa sheeting to get that block in.

Hmmmmm.......Did i leave anything out?

Hope this helps. Email me with you phone if you need more help at [email protected]

Santi