RCU Forums - View Single Post - robart pin points on DP330L
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2003, 10:58 PM
Flymyplane
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IDEA!

How about this one? Since I already have the elevators and rudder installed using the included DP CA hinges, how about reinforcing the hinge line? We have to seal the gap anyway, Im thinking of using CA hinge material for sealing the gap! In between the already installed hinges, I will seal the gaps with more CA hinges instead of just ultracote! I will have to remove the covering at the hingeline first to expose the wood. I picked up some B&B CA hinges today (giant scale type), and Im thinking of trying it out. While these hinges will be folded to the crease, and glued to the Bevel on the outside just like ultracote, I feel this could reinforce the surfaces! I will then seal with Ultracote over this when done. I was thinking of only doing the under side, but now Im thinking of top and bottom, in two spots. This would allow me to ad a total of four hinges on each surface, top and bottom. If I did just the undersides, I would ad one per open spot in between the 5 already installed hinges.

What do ya guys think?