RCU Forums - View Single Post - NQD High Wind 757 upgrade
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 11:04 PM
retaobcr
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NQD High Wind 757 upgrade

I make my own hardware and i see the rudder is an extention of the strut. My struts are K & S pipe doubled up with nylon inserted on the dog drive end. The rudder blade is brass with brass 3/16" rod going up thru brass 1/4" pipe. I solder a small piece of brass there and then i use .064 aluminuum ( 3/4' ) wide piece doubled with holes for weight loss and then bend both ways for side strenght. I try on this kind of setup to center components close to center line. The rx gets aluminuum sticky foil wrapped around it to keep from any noise from stuffing tube and motor and battery lines. I do not use bec as it picks up any noise. Now as you see , it is an easy setup if done from scratch. I like to lay all components in hull loose to get correct cg. I make all my close to keel strakes bigger so it rides a hair higher and don't need a powerhouse to run boat. My run times are probably 30 seconds longer but i watch that real close. Thanks for reading this. All this stuff works and if it didn't , i wouldn't post. I like the way they ride in the water not moving, there's a certain aire about it! The motor is going to take some more thought and the weight is also a factor!