RCU Forums - View Single Post - The BEST Smoke System
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 08:19 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The BEST Smoke System

With the TME pump you have an adjustable "line pincher" that goes in between the pump and the muffler. Just adjust it for you thottle setting on the ground. That's what I do. Mine isn't set for optimum smoke at full throttle anymore. I hardly need full throttle on my big bipe. Making sure your battery has a constant voltage makes a difference also. That's why in the spring I'm going to run mine off of my reciever batteries that are regulated. I'm using just a 4.8 volt nicad pack now with no regulator so right from the first flight on the pump starts to see a lower voltage and in turn produces a slower pump speed. 7.4 volt receiver packs regulated to 6 volt constant will provide a nice and level, never changing voltage to the pump. Which means constant, steady speed which should make it easier to adjust the "line pincher." I hope!
ORIGINAL: N215PB

phew.....lot's of smoke in here.........I'm thinkin of getting into this smoke business, after reading all the posts I'm leaning towards a TME $99 version. I wanna use it on a 1/4 clip wing Cub with a Satio 1.2 4 stroke. Since i'm getting older and flying more like a old lady i rarely use full power.....question, will i get smoke or much of it at say 40%, i'm also a bit worried about the muffler issue.....would like to stay with original one.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37143.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	598047   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40818.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	598048   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej13428.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	14.9 KB