RCU Forums - View Single Post - FMS help please
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 02:44 AM
EnzoFalconi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FMS help please

I tried FMS and couldn't get it to let me calibrate my Tx. Adding SmartProPlus didn't do anything but make FMS take about 5 minutes (sometimes longer) to load versus the less than 5 seconds or less that it took prior to adding SPP to the FMS folder as instructed. It still wouldn't let me calibrate the Tx. I've tried changing the numbers in the columns etc and nothing seems to get it to work. I can't get the SPP calibration screen to show up as it says it will in the installation instructions. They say it will show up when FMS is launched and when you click on the SPP icon. I emailed the developers, but never received a reply. I'd guess they're busy with the problem. There seems to be quite a few people having the same problems I am. My PC sees the signal from the Tx. It just won't do anything with it. I can use FMS with my keyboard in a crude fashion. Considering that the Falcon included with FMS will hover unattended once launched, I'm not sure how useful it will be even if I can get it to see the Tx. I've heard that those using the USB cable that is available through other sites will make FMS usable. It would have been nice for them to include a sim that actually worked with most PC's even if it meant raising the price of the Falcon enough to cover a USB cable in addition to or instead of the normal mic type. I realize that it's freeware, but it isn't of much value at any price (even free) if all it does is cause frustration. There are a few threads discussing this same no calibration issue. I finally gave up on it and will eventually try to buy a real sim program.

Enzo