RCU Forums - View Single Post - The new electric YAK 54 from Greatplanes!
Old 01-17-2007, 02:12 PM
bzyguy01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The new electric YAK 54 from Greatplanes!

I think you'll be disapointed in the 3D and slow maneuver area if you put in a Power 10. Trust me Mikey....I'm just like you and too much power is just right, However....The Power 10 is alot more wing loading weight and the plane will suffer some of its great flight characteristics with that extra weight. A 480 will have Great vertical performance and if you want even better...Get a Hacker A30 22 on just 3 cells (2070 mah 25c Tpower)Sick performance without adding too much weight! My personal experience and my 2 Cents.
ORIGINAL: BadBoy__MadMikey

hey guys. i finally got me one of these yaks yesterday. i been running over and over in my head with what motor to use. i was very set on an eflite 480 outunner. i have an brio from eflite and an extra 300 from seagull. i used in each of them an power 10 outrunner from elfite. each of these planes said you could use an 480 but the power 10 just gave great power and vertical performance. i kow the power 10 will add a little more weight but i think i'm going to use a power 10 in this yak!!! it should have sick power!!! you guys don't think it will be too much do yall??? i'm going to use 4 hitec 55's for servos, jr 6 channel micro receiver, cc 35 esc and thunder power 2100 3 cell packs!!! should be a sweet set-up. i hope to have it flying by this friday if the weather is nice here. right now texas and mid area of the country is getting ice and snow and they say it could get us here in sc by late tonight or tomorrow. so i hope it will blow out by friday or saturday morning!!!

Mikey