RCU Forums - View Single Post - The new electric YAK 54 from Greatplanes!
Old 01-19-2007, 10:36 AM
bzyguy01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The new electric YAK 54 from Greatplanes!

Wgroper,
Good deal, This plane has had alot of opinion based hits here online...In my opinion.....The plane comes out of the box as a very nice plane. I even like the covering. Personally I feel that the main wings are fine if epoxied correctly and a set of clamps are used to make sure that when the two wing halves are installed and epoxied to keep the gaps in the two halves and the supplied plate is used is fine. I also reccomend puting epoxy on the fuse and wings where they meet the fuse.
I'm glad you went up to the higher KV motor even if it is a rimfire. You should be plenty happy with the performance using a 20c 11.1 lipo in the range of a 1500 mah to a 2100 mah. I think that you should experiment with props as you are in a different altitude than Myself but this plane with the higher KV motor flew the absolute best with a 11x7 "E" APC prop. Maybee a 10x6,11x5,11x7 "E" props and just try a 11x3.8 "SF" to see for yourself...Please post your personal likings. The reason I suggested smaller props is because you will have more prop rpm than most guys and using the 11.1 lipo you might have too much amp load with the larger props.
MAKE SURE YOU ADD CF TO THE H STABB!!!!!!! This has been the only issue with four of our GP Yaks. WE fly them hard and overpower them and do violent maneuvers....Our planes are doing fine as of right now. I'm talking from experience and not "I think" as I have 51 planes right now and all are flight ready. My planes renge from a tiny 100 mph 13-15 inch wingspan foamy nemisis all the way up to a few giant scale 33-35% edges and sukoi's. The sukoi is powered with a BME 115cc 11 Horse power twin that will yank it around near like an overpowered foamy that has a 102" wide wingspan. Good luck!
Shayne