RCU Forums - View Single Post - The BEST Smoke System
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 09:30 AM
diamondave
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The BEST Smoke System

question about the sullivan pump: the manual says it can be mounted in any attitude and is certified agaisnt radio interference, has anyone mounted it sideways or inverted? how about near the reciever, like maybe right next to it? reason being i had mine on the smoke tank, which is about 8" or so aft of my cg, it changed the flying characteristics a bit more than i like, still managable, but a bit too aft imo, so after looking around the best place to put it would be right on my wing tube, maybe with foam and velcro, but my reciever is there also, and i like it there, all my extensions and everything are set, i dont want to have to move it, so can the pump be right next to the reciever?? how about if the pump was directly under the reciever, like i put the pump on the tube with foam, then more foam and the reciever on top, then velcro the enitire deal to the tube, is that pushing my luck as far as interfernece? and if it is on the tube, can it be upside down, than way if the tube rotates at all with vibration, the wieght of the pump will keep it down anyway, i am going to mess with it today so any input would be nice, thanks