RCU Forums - View Single Post - DC-3/C-47 question
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 08:07 AM
OsmanKhan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DC-3/C-47 question

Mark, why did the gentleman opt for the Paris White fuse instead of the one in FM? This is not to get you off the project but over the years that I have been at this scale project the Paris White fuse is one thing that has presented the most challange in getting it right. Building the crutch and putting half the formers on one side is pretty easy, but getting to make a jig and having it aligned to come up with a straight fuse is a bit awkward as far as construction technique is concerned. Do the FM plans have a different technique for the fuse construction?

Also one thing that I did find out later on when I got a 1/72 scale plastic kit for the DC-3 was that the fuse is a bit flattish on the sides, while the Paris fuse once planked presents a more rounded off fuse, like a cigar shape. Let me know if you agree with this by looking at the formers given in the plan and comparing it with some scale drawings of the plane. It does nag me a bit now that I have made the fuse to feel it is off scale a little bit. May be you can avoid this once you begin the project.

I will post a file for you next time for the wing construction that I used myself. It is an AutoCad file, but if you dont have it I can convert it into pdf format for printing out.

Osman