RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum DX-7
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 11:20 PM
speedpro 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum DX-7

have 8 AR6100 receivers and one of them was bad causing a crash to two planes. I too observed a full deflection of a control surface (one was rudder, other was elevator) after about 1 minute of flying time. I replaced the receiver and have had no problem since. I guess that there will be a bad one come off the production line occasionally. I hope there will be no duds in the next batch. Just wanted to add my experience to the list for documentation purposes.

I had the same scenario as speedpro 1 with my receiver. Two of my AR6100s were causing my planes to either pitch full up or full down. I have 4 AR6000's and 3 AR6100's. My AR6000's have been rock solid. However my 2 of the 3 AR6100's have had problems. My 3rd AR6100 I am afraid to use it, because of these issues. I have sent my DX7 to Horizon Service Center to get checked. Again, my AR6000's have been rock solid in performance. I might be sticking with the AR600 RX versus the AR6100. My AR6000's are reliable and so far the AR6100 has not proven itself. I just found out yesterday a friend lost his TREX 450 with the AR6100. I have read on this thread that one other person has experienced the same thing. Did Spektrum get a bad batch of RX's? I know have at least two of them. Is anyone else having the same problem as us? I have not flown for over a week because of this problem and am irritated. I hope I get my TX back soon.

Tom

i love the radio and the ar7000 but there IS a problem with the 6100 listed above are two more from other forums and theres alot more.