RCU Forums - View Single Post - UPDATE Hate it when the expiration date matches the maiden..
Old 02-09-2007, 11:22 PM
sticktickler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hate it when the expiration date matches the maiden..

I've been flying RC for 20 years and was asked to help two new young guyslast summer to learn to fly both had these Aplha trainer planes. After a good field inspection both planes had my flight ready approval. Took one up and I too had trouble with finding the level trim so time to land and find out why. Made my last turn to final and the wing folded and I lost her airframe was trashed. I felt bad about this and started to look at the crash pieces before flying the other guy’s plane. I noticed that it had no glue at the wing joint and asked the builder about that and he said it was not required. I said well it isn’t if you like to crash and if you don't glue up that other one it will crash as well. So they got the other all glued up and she flew just fine. By the way the other young student also got a new plane from Horizon so all was good. Moral of the story… GLUE THAT WING TOGETHER EVEN IF IT DON”T TELL YOU IN THE INSTRUCTIONS!