RCU Forums - View Single Post - Civil Discourse
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 10:22 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Civil Discourse

I agree with JugFlier. I know I am certainly looking forward to Spring and getting to fly more frequently.
This thread reminds me of something I read the other day, entitled "All I really Need to Know I learned in Kindergarden" and when you think about it, it makes alot of sense. Some of the things we tend to neglect in our personal interactions are things that we should have learned, or did learn and have chosen not to exercise, as children.

1. Share everything
2. Play fair
3. Don't hit people
4. Put things back where you found them
5. Clean up our mess
6. Don't take things that aren't yours
7. Say you are sorry when you hurt someone
8. Wash your hands before you eat
9. Flush
10. Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you
11. Live a balanced life - learn some, think some, draw and point, sing, dance, play and work some every day
12. Take a nap every afternoon
13. When you go out in the world, hold hands, watch for traffic and stick together
14. Wonder
15 Goldfish, hamsters and the little seeds in the styrofoam cups, they all die. So do people. Life is short

Perhaps the best sum to all of this is something I heard a wise man tell me once that certainly rings true.
..."If you always do What you always did, You'll always get, What you always got"...

If we are not getting our way, and things are going bad around us, the first thing we need to do is to see if everyone involved is follwing those rules we learned in kindergarden. After that we might need to look and see if there are changes we need to make in our own life to make things better.

Just my 0.02, and not worth more than that.
Tommy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58152.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	621504