RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 9Z and CamPac
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2002, 04:35 PM
KevinM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Memory allocation

Hi Bob,

Okay, here's how the memory looks on my ZAP. Without the module installed, I have 5 models saved (all with only 1 condition each) in the 10 available locations. When I pull up the condition screen it shows a total of 50 conditions with 5 used by the single condition on each model.

I currently have 3 of the above models backed up on my UltraPac, so when it is installed I have 8 locations of 26 used up. The condition screen now shows 72 total conditions, with 8 used by the single condition on each model.

What this says to me is that there is not enough memory to have 8 conditions on each of the available 26 models. I don't really see this as a problem though cause I have a hard enough time just remembering what any "special" features" I have previously set up whe I switch back to a model I haven't used in a while; Heaven help the individual who has 10 aircraft so complex that they all require 8 conditions apiece to fly! (And truth be told you should be able to spread that many out across the two block of the 128k UltraPac anyways...)

I suppose what this boils down to is the total number of conditions available is the best way to measure available memory.