View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Digger44
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Control arm

ORIGINAL: Nogyro

ORIGINAL: Digger44

I'de be interested in knowing this as well, if not just out of curiosity. BTW, Just to avoid confusion, I was not talking about the little white nylon servo arms. They were HD arms that "looked" a lot like the ones in question.
Is there any chance you accedently got the arms mixed up? Hitec and Futaba are one spline off. I don't remember which one will fit on the other, but if you put the wrong ones on, they will slip.......Not accusing anyone, just an honest mistake. Ask me how I know.
I did catch it before I flew the plane though. LOL
Well to be honest, I don't know the exact source of the servo arms. The plane was already built when I purchased it. The arms looked a lot like the HD arms that come with the 5985 and the 5955. There was no way to tell after the splines stripped weather they were a perfect match or not. No markings on the arms what so ever. So with that said, yes it is possible that the arms were not the correct arms, however they did feel good and tight with no slippage, when checked by hand. That flutter flight on the Katana was one that I will not forget very soon either way. That plane looked like it was about to come apart. I thought the flutter started in the elevator but I could be mistaken. Within a matter of seconds all of the surfaces werer fluttering violently. The throttle serv included, I guess from the vibration in the aircraft. I was totally amazed when the plane actually held togeather long enough to take a shot at the runway, and I do mean a shot. Like I said the throttle was stuck at about 25% or better.