RCU Forums - View Single Post - Civil Discourse
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 04:00 PM
The Ponz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Civil Discourse

Gentleman, as I am also a founding member of the SAM, I must finally enter this thread, to give my side of this sorry affair.

Is John Casey telling the truth about the events of the SAM? Yes, I believe he has presented his side of the issues in a clear and correct manner.

The SAM board has taken it upon itself to rule the club with power the original founders of the club never intended. The original constitution stated the power was with the membership. The ruling board was to administer the memberships wishes. Sadly, the recent SAM board decided once they were elected they would do as they pleased. If you were in the minority and you questioned anything, you were told to go join another club.

When the atmosphere at the flying site and at club meetings became intolerable to me (ex. verbal and physical abuse). I decided to join another club.

In my opinion, John Casey is an excellent modeler and flyer. He is a respected member of the Woodland/Davis Club and holds the position of Saftey Officer. I state these facts because I too belong to that club.

With this said, I wish John would stop posting these negative post on RCU. Every time I read the new threads, it brings up bad memories about the Club I was so proud to be a part of, first in starting and then as a member for twenty years.

In regard to the SAM, I wish them well.