RCU Forums - View Single Post - How much time per week do you RC??????
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 03:09 AM
NEVER-REST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How much time per week do you RC??????

Time spent on R/C well let me see, the way it worked for me was from the age of seven up until my first born at which time I was twenty-eight, basically every free moment, barring school, sport and obviously working hours. Then I made a pact with the wife and put everything on hold for twenty years. I’m at it again pact period having run it’s course everything has changed and it is now so exciting to learn all the new building tricks and to fly with a genuine r/c transmitter that almost does everything for you, the internet, new covering material and beautiful models that can be built and flown and to top it all I have no hassles with my better half, I get coldrink, ales and snacks and the odd hand to hold this and glue that without a murmur so all in all my choice was right. I am now fifty-eight and having a ball although I still work full time but evenings and weekends are mine to fly or build as well as Wednesday afternoons for a good flying session when I need a fix. I’m a scratch builder and have never put a kit together and probably will never from plan to plane was what my old man taught me and it has stood me in good steed, man and does it go together nicely with the new glues you bet!!!! Even in my no go years I never had much use for television except to look at the aero plane videos I ordered from over the pond now and then and obviously later years we were blessed with good sports channels and I could take a peek at Nascar, Indy racing and Formula One.