RCU Forums - View Single Post - Radio brand
Thread: Radio brand
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 10:09 AM
orenda635

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radio brand

Hitec where servos are concerned is pretty much the radio of choice now. All the competition fliers use Hitec servos.

Where I fly, it's pretty much an even mix of Futaba and JR. Futaba gets to be popular because it comes with most Hobbico RTF trainers (which are the most popular) and people tend to stick with what they started out with. Not that there's anything wrong with there stuff but I had some issues with the low end.

I've found no issues with the quality of the Optic 6. The endless debate rages on.

The best way to buy a transmitter is not to listen to the fanboys (people who obsess over one brand), but rather try them out. Does it's features meet your needs? Does it feel comfortable in your hands? Will you primarily be using it for park fliers or larger planes, or a mix of both? I've had the chance to use Hitec, JR, and Futaba. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. In my opinion, the Hitec Optic 6 is the best general purpose radio since it's cross compatible with both JR and Futaba 72mhz equipment and the Spectra supports the selection of any 72mhz channel without buying separate modules.