RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ordered my Hawk Pro Today
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 02:11 PM
syclic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ordered my Hawk Pro Today

Cambo

You will find a BIG positive difference between the Corona and the Hawk Pro. Take your time to build it right and set it up properly and with the OS37H it will take you a long way.

As for power etc. I found the OS37 a bit more user friendly to adjust then the Toki 40 because the T40's needles (idle and main) use a much finer thread then what i have been used to with OS and YS. So where the OS adjusts on the main with the needle somewhere between 1 & 1.5 with the idle needle at factory or a hair richer, I found the T40 to be between 4.25 and 5.75 on the main with the idle screw out a bit from even with the case.

So though the OS 37 is more "user friendly" to set up, the T40 is more powerful and surprisingly more fuel efficient.

This is why for a newbie I would suggest that he get the OS37 and for the more experienced flyer (who has experience tuning heli engines and wants more power) I recommend the T40.

There is a good thread by SteveH in the Century forum on Run Ryder on setting the throttle and pitch curves on a Hawk Pro - you would be well served by reading it.