RCU Forums - View Single Post - Starting Issues with K4.6 Engine - Replacement recommendations?
Old 03-15-2007, 09:09 AM
Teps71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting Issues with K4.6 Engine - Replacement recommendations?

I own both a Savage SS 4.6 and a Hellfire with the 4.6HO. At first I thought it was an issue with just the savage engine, but in no time the problem began to show up on the Hellfire.

Both engines have been broken in correctly with the help of a very knowledgable friend of mine.

The one way bearing doesn't grab. It doesn't matter Roto or Pull start - it's like it slips in both directions. With the glow-plug removed it will turn over all day. Tearing the engine apart and cleaning the one-way bearing fixes the problem. I've spoken to a few other K4.6 owners who look at me like i have three heads - I seem to be the only one with this issue.

My Rush Evo and Ofna UltraLX both have the external one-way bearing (in the Roto start backplate) which I have never had an issue with, hence they get more road time.

I'm done with the K4.6 engine. Looking at other engines it seems all the .28 sizes from various manufacturer's have an internal one-way bearing. One engine that looks promising is the Picco .26 - it has an external one-way bearing and has received good reviews. Would this engine bolt right up to a Savage? Are there other engines recommended to work with the Savage which have an external one-way bearing?

I greatly appreciate any help....

James