RCU Forums - View Single Post - Gws Formosa
Thread: Gws Formosa
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 01:20 PM
mysticplayer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gws Formosa

Just getting back into RC and loving this new Electric tech.

I have flown a Charger RC and GP Turmoil and haven't really found flat foamies to my liking.

Just started with a 'mosa which is more my thing.

I am running direct drive outrunner and am using the GP 35-30-950 with a 9X7.5E or 10X4.5SF prop. Both give near unlimited vertical (limited only by my thumbs). Built a simple box mount to bolt to.

I can cruise around at 1/2 throttle with loops not requiring much more throttle. As expected the 9" is faster and better in higher winds. The 10" gives better vertical but more sensitive to thrust settings which I am working through.

Personally, I like the higher thrust as I prefer more 'box' style aerobatics and want to try this 3D thing. Still plenty fast with the lower pitch prop. This is the fastest rolling plane I have ever flown. I am estimating at 3 rolls per sec- just a blurr.

I get 8 to 10 min of mixed throttle running on a GP 1500mah 3S lipo and 18A CC Thunderbird. Can't complain with that. Anything larger would be a very tight squeeze in the batt compartment. Balanced bang on with the servos in the tail and 3s pack at the rear of the compartment.

AUW is 17.7ozs with Futuba 124rx, 2- S3110m, and 2 - HS-55 in the wing (now swapped for S3108m). This is heavier then the standard motor build but I have way more power then it needs. This motor is recommended by GP for their planes weighing in over 25oz.

I did find that CF is really needed to keep flex at bay. I use it on the just about every part and it really makes the plane more rigid. Will still take the bounce on a less then perfect landing but rigid enough to fly quite true aerobatics. Again, pilot limited at this time.

Really enjoying this plane.

Jerry