RCU Forums - View Single Post - Monokote Covering Help
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 12:17 PM
USMC07Seghetti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monokote Covering Help

I am completely new to kits and R/C glow powered aircraft. I am covering with monokote (yea I know, not that good/easy for begginers to start out with) and am so far impressed by my work. When I covered the stabilizer (horizontal), it went on almost perfectly. I had a couple small wrinkles after I ironed it, and the heat gun took care of all of them.
But when I covered the vertical fin, I ended up with a few minor wrinkles (mabye major??) and thought the heatgun would take care of them.
I am able to get a few out at a time, but dont want to burn a hole in the covering, as I have done it twice when covering the stabilizer (pulled it off and put a new layer on).
The technique I use when I have wrinkles is to iron over/hover the wrinkles and then hit them with the heat gun. This seems to work, but not always effective. Is this a good way to approach wrinkles, or should I re-cover it?

I attached a pic of what I am talking about, it is near the rudder where the few wrinkles are. They seem to not come out.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx69876.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	652991