RCU Forums - View Single Post - Wing-Lift Increasing Idea (Tested by me)!!!!
Old 04-02-2007, 11:42 AM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Wing-Lift Increasing Idea (Tested by me)!!!!

you poopeed sideways --
experimentation is my creedo.
But the monies shoved into ding dong flying devices-which have been done over and over -with no practical outcome -is the point I was referring to.
Most of these things look like a page from the "will it fly " TV specials.-going backto Da Vinci's sketchpad.
The old VTOL ideas (DaVinci copies)were completely impractical-and I would bet that congressional funding pork barrels were the only reason those turkeys continued on as long as they did..
When a working one came along --it was a rather conventional machine with thrust which blew it into the air - and bicycle chains used to move the ducts around-- mo power -'n less weight won out
so there --
next?
If you want to see some really trick engineering at work - look at the recent toys coming from China- case in point: a small model helicopter -made from spongy foam - guide by infra red signals (like a TV remote) with contra rotating props and a tiny tail rotor that aligns direction of flight - and any kid with a little patience can fly it! Anbd the TX charges the model !
Now THATS simply an amazing bit of innovation -using the latest stuff from a variety of fields..
Or electric foamies -anyone who has not worked with these, has missed out on one of the BIG leaps of the 21st Century
OK rant over - your turn---