RCU Forums - View Single Post - help me decide
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 11:46 PM
Quicksilver1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: help me decide

It's funny these opinions of boats being boring unless you race. Maybe I'm weird and/or easily entertained. Maybe this seems sad, but I've honestly never ran a boat with another person, let alone race. I've seen maybe 3 fast rc boats other than my own in my entire life. Anyway, what I'm getting at is I dont find it boring at all. I've watched many videos of boat racing and I cant hardly ever get through one, to me racing boats looks boring, flat water, round and round in circles, however I love watching videos of peoples creations, home built fast boats, doing things they shouldnt be able to do. not exotic performance boats that require so much tuning it sucks the fun out. Then again I'm also not a nascar fan either, rules bore me. I'm sure it's fun if it's your thing, but boating is not all about racing. Mind you, I'm also an actual boater not just rc, I've got a connection to the water that never could be broken.

I've also never had a boat, well besides a nikko boat that I didnt find challenging, but then I always run in risky water or with odd boats. I find it very relaxing. In my opinion, I actually find flying boring, and a bit nerve wracking. I like to be able to see the craft, and with flying, the plane tends to be rather far away. I'm totally not knocking planes, they are very challenging, but I dont like the whole crashing aspect. I really dont like to see things get ruined, especially after working so hard to build them. Yes, I know I'm the guy that actually managed to crash a boat while airborne, that was a rare event.

To each there own, but I wouldnt go saying boats are boring.