RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Blackhawk Heli... A lil bigger than T-Rex
Old 04-06-2007, 10:08 PM
arthure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Blackhawk Heli... A lil bigger than T-Rex

Hey it is great to see a hobby sales rep in the forum to support us. I'd like to add to what Chris said. Coming from a fixed pitch Sabre the Blackhawk 500 is amazing. It was so simple to set up even after my little..err collision with the ceiling and replacing the main shaft. I have it set up just like Chris sent it to me with the pitch curve set at 0 to +10 with no negative and it flys great with both knobs set to 0 and even better with the pitch adj set all the way down and the blades at full tilt. With this set up I haven't tried the radio in Idle up as

Chris will the supplied receiver, motor, and speed control support a 14.8 pack. I read the description of the 500 and it says it is very responsive with a 14.8 pack in her. If so do I need to regear the pinion? What is the best way of setting the pitch up for 3D? (Neg Pitch) it seems the fore and aft cyclic control arm is a bit short to adjust 4 to 6 degrees out of it and that servo arm is already centered now at 0 degrees. Won't moving the servo arm dwon past center at unwanted mixing with the none linear movement of the srvo arms arch?

Thanks for selling the heli as an ARF and at a great price. I love it. I fell she will go just where I want her and stop where I want her too. It is awesome to have such a stable electric to fly.

Arthur