RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 3PM-2.4G, do I need a failsafe?
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 04:37 PM
nitrothugg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 3PM-2.4G, do I need a failsafe?

First, the stock servos in your Revo are not comptible with Futaba's HRS mode. That mode is for digital servos only! Next, you do not need an electronic fail-safe (F/S) to add to this radio kit because there is one built into the transmitter and rx already!

Since you do not have digital servos, make sure you set your Tx to the "PPM" mode. Once you have accomplished this, hold the throttle trigger to the position where you want the F/S set at (brakes i hope) then press the green button on the rear at the same time.

Now your F/S is ready to go and you saved yourself a few bucks. The only draw-back is that since you are using it in that PPM mode, you have to set it everytime you turn the Tx on so it can become a chore to forget if your mind is on other things. thats the only reason why i would even consider getting and installing an after market F/S so you have that piece of mind.

I don't know why Futaba made it work that way but it does work if you remember. Now if you have set in HRS mode, the F/S positions are stored in the Tx like any other setting (my set-up) and you never have to worry about unless you reset all of your settings.