RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Blackhawk Heli... A lil bigger than T-Rex
Old 04-07-2007, 09:53 PM
ccecreations

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Blackhawk Heli... A lil bigger than T-Rex

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Chris will the supplied receiver, motor, and speed control support a 14.8 pack?
- The included ESC is rated for 12V Max however you could use a 11.1v 4 cell lipo for longer flight times.

What is the best way of setting the pitch up for 3D? (Neg Pitch) it seems the fore and aft cyclic control arm is a bit short to adjust 4 to 6 degrees out of it and that servo arm is already centered now at 0 degrees. Won't moving the servo arm dwon past center at unwanted mixing with the none linear movement of the srvo arms arch? - I want to make sure I understand the question, the factory settings have neg. pitch set up for you for 3D flights in the Idle up mode, giving enough negative pitch for inverted flight. As far as the cyclic control arms go, are you looking for more throw (therefore more aggresive cyclic?) Please let me know so I can give more info....

Is it possible that a stray FM signal from the radio could have interfered with my flight.
- To to best of my knowledge this shouldn't happen but I will leave it up to someone with more expertise in this area. I would strongly recommend double checking all servo leads and connections (including ensuring the crystal hasn't vibrated loose). Heli's are prone to vibration and also after hmm, not so gentle landings as I call them, these things can creep up on you.

tzeming - Sorry to hear about your parts issues from RVM. Feel free to send me an email with the parts you need and I bet I can get them to you very fast.

Finally, I wanted to let everyone know about "My Page" Any of you with pics and or video feel free to send them in to show off your machine! With the amount of time and creativity that we put into our hel's it seems a shame not to show them off and get well deserved credit!