RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Blackhawk Heli... A lil bigger than T-Rex
Old 04-08-2007, 11:50 PM
Timeflyer1
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Blackhawk Heli... A lil bigger than T-Rex

Hi Arnold, sorry I guess I wasn't very clear. When I'm in my garage, my hover mode is just hovering in a smaller space to become comfortable with the controls. I also make sure the idle up switch is in the 'N' or neutral position. At the moment I do not want to flip the switch, (idle up switch) to the #1 position. My transmitter is labeled this way. I have been adjusting my hover pitch knob and pitch trim knob to find the optimal settings and to make sure I can achieve fairly long flights. When I first started making adjustments, I hovered about 10 minutes per battery charge. Then I made different adjustments with both knobs and the time got worse, 6 minutes and the motor/esc got really hot. So I went back to the previous adjustments and fine tuned in that direction and now I get about 13 minutes of hovering time. Plus the motor is running cooler. My hover pit knob is currently set at the '0' mark, and my pit trim knob is about a 1/16" shy of the first dot marking on the plus side of the zero. My main rotor blades are 325mm instead of the stock blades which are 315mm. The extra length and weight, work the battery and the motor a bit harder. What I am hoping is that once I receive my new replacement wood blades (315mm) and my new TP 2100 3 cells which are lighter then the stock battery. I should get around 15 minutes of flying time.

Hopefully this helps.

I will definitely let you know how the flying goes this week. I should get my new batteries either tomorrow or Tuesday and then Wed or Thur I should be flying.........

Julius