View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Teachu2
My Feedback: (133)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Civil Discourse

ORIGINAL: JUGFLIER

ORIGINAL: SSRCCPREZ

O.k. so lets all agree that everything in the previous post is 100% indisputable fact. NO argument on the finer points or individual issue, let's just go with that they are all correct and Mr. Casey is 100% correct in everyhting he says.
With this in mind, 1.what does Mr. CAsey want?
2.It was 3 YEARS AGO!!!!!!!
even if all is true when is it time to let it go?
Also, if there is no answer to what he wants then there can be NO resolution or end therefore defeating his own argument.
I own my own retail establishment, and when a patron has a complaint I do not even try to argue any validity. I simply apologize and ask what would you(the customer) like me to do in your mind to satisfy you in this matter?
If there is no answer than there can be no resolution.....
Further it is even more difficult if the same patron keeps complaining about the same issue three years later and does not offer some form of satisfaction.
Mr.Casey had his day in court, and won. That was not good enough...What more does he want 3 YEARS later?
I am willing to concede that all stated facts are true...but where is the end to this? What does he want? what will satisfy him? this is where I take issue with Mr. CAsey.

1. In your retail business you try for a resolution. SAM,s hasn't.
2. What does MR.Casey want? Maybe a resolution and not just start throwing people out. This situation IS NOT RESOLVED with one side abusing its power and using the nuke option.
It is up to the membership of the club involved to come to a resolution - and they have! They have supported their elected officers' decision, and have since re-elected enough of those same-minded individuals to continue on the same course. WHAT WE ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD THINK DOESN'T MATTER - IT'S THEIR CLUB.

Right or wrong, John Casey was a bit enough PITA to the SAM Board that they took action unprecedented in the club's history. The majority of the membership has chosen to let that action stand. Being right is not enough in a social organization. Sometimes you have to go along to get along, and I strongly suspect John Casey could not and does not accept that fact.