RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Blackhawk Heli... A lil bigger than T-Rex
Old 04-09-2007, 11:05 PM
arthure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Blackhawk Heli... A lil bigger than T-Rex

Hi All,

Great forum developing here. My wife had to work on Saturday so I stopped by my LHS and found they had a Futaba 6eh 2.4 gig in stock three actually. Sooooo I picked one up and spen the rest of the day learning to program a transmitter and installing the receiver and all. I only picked it up because I have had a couple quick glitches in the bird but I can not say if it was the radio or interference from local sorces. I fly at home and feel that the safety of the 2.4 gig radio is a good trade for the 199 bucks.

One good thing is that I can set the throttle hold and idle up functions off until I think I am ready. I would like to set up the idle up mode but since I removed the od radio equipment and totatlly readjusted the control arms I'd be guessing at the setup since I have not a clue about how to set up a ilde up curve properly. (Currently searching threads )

I have to say with the 6ex I can adjust the swashplate mixing to be agressive or playful in about 5 seconds. with 30% pitch mix and 50% aileron and elevators she flys docile. The total pitch change is from -2 to + 6 and it is plenty to hover nicely. I also am not smart enough to mix anything other then the basic 0, 25, 50, 75, and 100 on both throttle and pitch curves in non Idle up.

Is anyone using a programable radio that could give me some more setting options and the proper way to set up idle up? I am thinking:

Throttle:
1 full down 100%
2 half down at 75%
3 center stick 50%
4 half up 75%
5 full up 100%

Pitch:
1 -6
2 -3
3 0
4 +3
5 +6

I am just spitballing here but WIll that work? Is that the idea? No rush I won't be flying 3D in real life for sometime to come . Well maybe if my wife continues to work Saturday then......

It is great to hear all the blackhawk stories and not feeling alone with the 500.

Oh btw, I had the whole thing set up and found I had to reverse channel 3 (The ESC wouldn't spin the rotor and you cannot just plug it in backwards to reverse it, reversing it on the TX fixed the problem. Yes, I had the blades off this time!) which totally screwed up the whole setup and had to do it all over. Which I would have had to do anyway since I accidently reset the transmitter and lost the original wrong setting. Sometime this hobby make me feel realllllly stupid...haha.

Great flying all,

Arthur