RCU Forums - View Single Post - Vendetta Brushless motors... pros/cons
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 12:47 AM
Silentbob343

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vendetta Brushless motors... pros/cons

ORIGINAL: 20%nitro

i run against rc18t and b's with mamba 8kvs and a guy showed up with a detta with a gh motor with a mamba spedo. i dont know what gearing they are running. i'll try to get more info. i spent most of my time fighting set up to get my car to drive right. the torque was strong with the 20/41 but top speed was lagging so i changed to the 21/41 and lost some torque but gained the speed i needed. one guy with the 8kv has a 13/60 in his rc18 and he took the main. the guy with the detta/gh did very well also. after the races i finished my set up and think i can compete next week if i can go. my temps were 116-120 on the spedo and 156-160 at the motor and using 30% drag brake after a 4 min main. i checked the amps at full power and free spin was at about 16 amps and if i locked the wheels i could force 28 for a moment so it seems the motor will continue to work with the spedo even though the specs say otherwise.
g's im gettin windy but im wondering why another friends vendetta with a 6800 mamba does not overheat.
Which ammo and what type of batts?