RCU Forums - View Single Post - Whose air is it?
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 09:53 AM
broke_n_bummin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whose air is it?

Yesterday I had my Spirit up about 500 ft, when out of nowhere came a flight (2) A10's at about 150 ft AGL. One of them cut right under my plane. I thought they would have seen it and headed off somewhere else, but they felt it was necessary to stay in my front yard. As soon as I landed, they left. I live about 60 miles from Shaw AFB, and the A 10's fly over here all the time. I have also seen some F16's and F22's, but they stay up higher than I can reach. The thing I don't understand is why they don't practice their maneuvers over Ft. Jackson ... it's only 20 miles from them. Anyways, Who has the right of way? I've already had a couple of know it all AMA airplane police try to tell me that I can't fly my RC planes at my house, but I think they were just jeallous because they don't have a 20 acre yard. There has been a few times I wondered what it'd be like if I could get my hands on an old SA3 or SA5 (just the radar station) and turn it on just as they pass overhead just to see their reaction to a SAM spike. I wonder what would happen if they were to suck something the size of an OS 1.20 into one of their fans. There is plenty of area out here for them to play around in ... All I want is my yard.