RCU Forums - View Single Post - NTSC or PAL?
Thread: NTSC or PAL?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 08:16 AM
wjglynn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NTSC or PAL?

It won't take long for you to get your gear from BWAV. I posted clips from my first video on another thread here on RCUniverse. Look for the thread in this AP forum "the prefect platform for aerial photography" at then end of that long discussion. In that video you will see that I have lots of noise issues and the video actually going black regularly. Last evening I ferreted out the problem on the test bench. I was using the same battery to power my PanTilt mount at the transmitter. I could replicate with regularity the drop out of picture. It always happened a second or two after servo operation. I first tried adding some filters/chokes to the wires to no avail. I then added a separate battery to power the transmitter and bingo the problem went away. My guess is that the transmitter did not like the fluctuations it was seeing in voltage/current due to servo operation. Now it is back to the field on Sunday to check it out in flight. I will address some of my vibration and shake issues before then too.

I am feeding the video signal coming out of the receiver into a VCR and then on to video goggles for me to point the mount. When I get heavier landing gear I will be adding the big camera to then attempt air to air still photography with the PTZ mount.

What kind of platform do you intend to install your video equipment in?

Bill