View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 05:23 PM
goldenknight1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lift Meister

ORIGINAL: R/C Skydiver

Bob
Gary is right, the instructions aren't very good. I finally threw away the ca hinges supplied for the struts and controls. Used robart hinges for controls and flat thin copper for the strut hinges. The blocks for strut attachment in the wings are poorly attached--in fact one block came loose while flying and had one side of the strut flapping in the wind. I had to cut the covering to add an attachment block. Don't think a block was put in that area by the builder. The other three seem to be there and are ok----so far!.
As you can see from the photo, I also put bolts thru the strut and the copper hinge to make them more secure. I guess the Lift Meister is ok but I don't think I would buy another one---even at the relatively low price of $259. Look at the Airplane forum at ARF and type in Lift Meister and you will get a bunch of information on building it.
I was supposed to be at a flyin in Andersonville, Ga. today and drop jumpers in the demo but chickened out after looking at the "Tornado Watch" for our area and winds of 17+ at the jump site. I jumped at Macon, Ga last weekend with 15+ mph and landed in front of the announcer! They thought it was planned and a great jump. Actually the Mike had no forward speed after dropping the flag which made so much drag that all I could was hold it into the wind and let it go backwards with the wind. Lucky I didn't hit someones parked airplane in the pits!!! Enough of that kind of jumping---15mph is now my limit with the flag hanging below the Mike!!!.
I also had to add a landing gear rienforcement rod to keep the gear from spreading while on the ground. A lot of other mods are needed to carry three jumpers. Hope it stays in one piece for the Somerset rally. I have two other flyins to go and drop in the noon demo before Somerset.
Good luck in building the Lift Meister, Jim
Thanks for info between you and me I was going to buy the 12 telemaster but I do believe that anybody thinks about buying the LM I would say no.
BOB