RCU Forums - View Single Post - Outragous Shipping and Handling Rates
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 12:02 PM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Outragous Shipping and Handling Rates

So you received a damage plane which was sent to you by someone in the US ?

Sorry to hear that.

The problem will be that the parts would still have to be shipped to you. I'd imagine that the costs involved for shipping would still be high.

That is the problem.

The jewelry store comparison doesn't apply for us here though, while I understand that it is not cheap for you once the shipping costs are added in.

We don't have as high of a shipping fee here, so the planes end up being fairly inexpensive compared to those offered by other companies.

With an exception or two, most of the planes I have purchased have been very sturdy and have held up well to abuse. I've cartwheeled a NP Ultimate 40S accross an airfield, only to fly it immediately after ( WITH A BROKEN INTERPLANE STRUT that I missed!!! ). That plane has well over 120+ flights on it now and is still going strong.

My 3D Passion HAD what I consider a design flaw, that I luckily was able to correct after two mid-air problems because of the flaw. While the correction was simple CMP ( who actually makes the plane ) should have fixed this in their design.

In case anyone is interested, the elevator and rudder have very large control surfaces. The spar which holds the CA hindges was made with SOFT BALSA ( !!!! ), so the control surfaces tended to rip out in flight.... I replaced these with hardwood laminated with a balsa covering and shaped them to the original size, then recovered. Problem gone.