RCU Forums - View Single Post - Will this work?
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 03:12 AM
zax2000
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will this work?

Hey Sal, I ask this in a forum but not getting enough info. I have a 76" Monocoupe 90A that I was wanting to try an electric setup on. The prototype ran between a 13x6 and 14x7 from a .80 size 2-stroke. I've been reading about outrunners and inrunners and I think I may be leaning towards the inrunner/gearbox setup and swing a 14x6 or 7 prop. Final weight of the kit will likely be around 10-12 lbs if glow (not sure if the electric setup would be lighter or not). I have an elctrifly AMMO brushless inrunner 28-45-2700kV that I don't need if there is any way to use this for the setup. Great Planes sells a gearbox specifically designed for this motor that I was considering if it will work? If it will, then what voltage/battery should I use to get an efficient rpm out of the prop? And what rpm would be ideal? I imagine a 14x7 on an 80 2-stroke would be in the 8000 rpm range, is it the same for electrics? This is a scale bird and I'm looking for scale (with enough boost when needed) performance, it has full flaps, flat-bottom airfoil, and plenty of room in the cowl for any setup. Thanks!