RCU Forums - View Single Post - How are you going 2.4?
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Eric.Henderson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How are you going 2.4?

Quite right.

I was cutting and pasting some of the text, to get it right, from their web site. If I had typed the sentence it would have said "For JR "10" users, this translates into a maximum of 9 channels, while the Spektrum module for the Futaba® 9C radios will output a maximum of 8 channels via the PPM stream."

I have had a long discussion, elsewhere, about the loss of the "10th" channel. So far I have yet to use it as a channel. Most of the time I have it dissabled as a pot-channel (Code 17 INH) and programmed as a base-channel or "switch" to give a starting point for my various trim mixes such as an extra trim on a twin throttle or setting the landing trim in-flight on a flap prior to more permanent mixing. In these cases it does not use the output channel but still has a function within the TX.

One thing I am sure about is that my Specktrum mode-1 TX's 2.4 upgrades will drive the airplanes that I build and test fly for folks and then let me put the program on their 2.4 mode-2 equivalent radios.

I still believe that the futaba and JR servo channels will stay different. e.g. Ch-1 = Ail-fut and Thro=JR.

Regards,

Eric.

ORIGINAL: DKjens

ORIGINAL: Eric.Henderson
- The number of usable channels is determined by the number of channels output by your radio’s PPM stream. For JR users, this translates into a maximum of 9 channels, while Futaba® radios output a maximum of 8 channels via the PPM stream.
FYI, on the 14MZ you do have 12 channels in PPM mode.

DKjens