RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Birth of a Backyard Track
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 05:13 PM
ob1n
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Birth of a Backyard Track

Next up....we started on the placement of the deadly doubles and tabletop. Once again, I use the free lumber of the pallets to manufacturer sideboards. Then I place logs and started to bury them with dirt. The sideboards were cut into stakes....then driven into the ground at different heights. This took some patience, and when they were all placed....I tied them together with a board on the inside that would be buried.....this should help hold it down.

When I went to make the table top.....I found a piece of plywood at my best friend's house....as I wanted to make the construction faster. It was much easier to place these sideboards. I just sat them on the ground and drove in 2 stakes per side. Then screwed the boards to the stakes. Once again....I placed logs/wood that was cut from the tree....and then started to bury them. This took nearly 4 hours to complete all this.....with some breaks for water, found another worm, etc.

I feel I've been lucky so far....as I've been doing this after it has rained quite a bit lately. The gound is moist and soft....easy to work with and not dusty at all. The weather has been very mild....and I am hoping it will continue.....hopefully we'll complete the track before FULL blown summer.

Stay tuned......more to come. Laters

Ob1n
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64611.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	683050   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71186.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	683051