RCU Forums - View Single Post - Improper break-in
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 08:13 PM
plugin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Improper break-in

Im happy to hear that its a possibility but its not certain .Well if it will be as good as new for about 3 years i'll be satisfied, by then i'll have other planes and other engines. I have a tachometer so I can set the engine to whichever revs I want. What is the optimum level?

I dont understand, why should I have to richen it even more? If I richen it a bit more, there wont be any power in the engine to even provide for slow flight. When I richen it for the break in, its barely able to move on the ground. When I lean it for the 10 seconds it should be lean, It takes the revs up to where the plane would taxi fast and maybe it could take off but I doubt the lean setting I go to would provide power for a full flight at full throttle.

I want to stress that when the improper break in was done, the engine wasn't able to reach its 17,000rpm even on the leanest setting because engines at this altitude loose about 25% of their power. In those terms it was probably able to reach 13,000rpm at best.