RCU Forums - View Single Post - Should the AMA recognize other insures if equal in coverages.
Old 03-01-2003, 10:29 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Should the AMA recognize other insures if equal in coverages.

since outlaws have been brought up:
i am an ama member, 81913, CD and Leader Member.
i am not , however a member of any local club, or non local for that mater, mainly because of personal reasons.
i fly my helicoptors at a city park, with the park dept permission.
i have, because of my in town visibility, located about 15-20 local folks that fly planks as outlaws. these people are outlaws for one reason and one reason only. they feel that the AMA dues are too high for the benifits. so they are not members of either the AMA or the local clubs, all of which require AMA.
now, in my comunity of 100,000 or so folks, the local club has maby 40-45 members, and just the outlaws i have ocaisioned to run into amount to almost 1/2 the club number. this cannot be a good thing.
we, the AMA, need those half again as many folks to help us reach a large enough number to maby start to have some real political clout.
what do we do to get them. and don't go saying, teach them about the ama and what it does, almost all of them are past members. we had them and lost them, and that, to me, is the real problem.