RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum DX-7
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 12:29 AM
rino
My Feedback: (121)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum DX-7

What do you guys think about using the switch that comes with the Spektrum rx with 5 821's on a 90 sized plane. My 5 cell nimh can do 20 amps burst. I'm using the Elite 1500 cells. I know the 821's can pull 1.2 amps each stalled which gives me a max theoretical load of about 6 amps if I stalled all control surfaces at one time. I do some wicked 40+ mph tumbles that just might get me there too. The only thing is that the stock Spektrum 3 wire switch is made with 24 guage wire like all JR switches - including the nicer delux one - and I think 6 amps would be the limit with this sized wire. I called HH and they say 9 amps is OK with this switch but from other wiring standards I have read 6 or 7 amps would be pushing it. Any ideas on a better switch for the job that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Keep in mind this isn't a 33% bird and doesn't warrant a $200.00 solution.

I know EMS makes a switch that uses 22 guage as well as Hitec and Hobbico but they are not 3 wire and I'm a little afraid of Hobbico stuff.

Opinions welcome.