RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need Programming Help
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 09:29 AM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Need Programming Help

ORIGINAL: Hammbone

Sounds like it's time to upgrade your TX.

Jim
[X(]

Don't say that Jim. You're killing me. I can't upgrade unless they come out with a Spektrum 9ch or 12ch system. The current crop of Spektrum is only 7ch and it's just not enough ports in the RX to fly these big planes.

I refuse to buy another 72mhz system. I fly at a field with some really weird interference issues. You can't use a JR RX at this field. Not under any circumstances. Unless, your just TRYING to destroy a plane. I think Mike Hurley was using the JR RX's, but he was buying the $200 dual conversion units. Any of the ABC&W single conversion units WILL absolutely crash your airplane. I can't see myself buying a bunch of those $200 RX's from JR. I'm just not that wealthy.

Do you guys think Matchboxes will do the trick? I hate to do it--but I've probably got 20 of them lying around. Might as well use it--if it will do the job.

I was holding out for the X-Link, but he's had so many problems getting it on the market--now I'm gun shy. I heard a rumor that some of the guys in Vegas (Cirkus Throwdown) had issues with the X-Link modules on JR radios. So, now I'm REALLY gun shy about using it.

One of the fellas at the field is using an X-link on a Futaba TX. He's getting hits and lock-outs on his 100CC composite plane. I think he's getting a little gun shy too.

Thanks