RCU Forums - View Single Post - Park Flyers: Which is best for the beginner?
Old 06-05-2007, 09:55 AM
windshadow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Park Flyers: Which is best for the beginner?

ORIGINAL: Red Baron Juststarting

I'm looking for a fairly realistic looking (Piper Cub, military, etc.) but inexpensive, RFT park flyer - one that I can easily fly in parks and other confined spaces. I'm relatively new to RC, but have a Futaba 6 Channel Radio - (channel 39) so all I need is a plane equipped with servos, receiver, etc. Any recommendation for such a plane (and why) in the approximate range of $50-125 or so? Thanks.

Bill
I second the super cub. parts are easy to replace, a roll of packing tape and you are ready to go. At are club there are many that have found this plane to be a good starter, my self being one. I have flown this plane in 15 to 20 mile winds and inverted. Now that being said it was after about 70 flights on that plane and a few wings and nose cowlings. a pilot at a club can help you get started with this plane it is just not as easy as being on a buddy cord. slow sticks are great if you have no wind! I have found out you can not belive everything you read in these forums! you do get some good ideals but you have to take it with a grain of salt. I have been flying since feb of this year I have logged over 100 flights on the supper cub and over 110 flights on my ultra stick e25 and 7 flights on my new j3 eflite cub with the e25 motor. I am now putting together a pulse 40xt with the e46 motor I should have it in the air next week if all goes well. Crashing is just part of flying it happens to everyone, so get the super cub and have fun its a great 1st plane.