View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 08:56 AM
best_panther
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum DX-7

ORIGINAL: AWorrest

Richard,

You are running five heavy duty, digital servos as well as two others. This may be pulling down your battery voltage. You didn't state how many cells in your Hydramax pack. From Tower's web site it appears this pack has four cells. Is this a low impedance NiMH pack? Does the pack voltage stay up when you move all your control surfaces simultaneously after having used it for some time?

I would guess you put too much of a load on your battery pack after having flown eight minutes. The voltage dropped and the receiver re-booted. As Danny Snyder replied to a similar question, the DX7 failsafe works for signal lost, not battery failure.

Allan
The batery pack are 5 sub c Cells 6v not four, I also thaught that a low voltage was the problem, but The distributor of Horizon here in Mexico Contact me and we make some test, he connect a amp/volt Meter and we check that a low voltage cause the problem (like when Quique Somenzini lost his bipe Biplane for the same problem), but everything was ok the battery works ok, and in fact I was only preparing to landing, so I wasnt moving all the servos, Another question I have is Why the rudder start to move? If the battery was the problem simply any surface move.

Thanks Allan