RCU Forums - View Single Post - New ARF - Martin Mauler
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 12:12 PM
scale dail
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New ARF - Martin Mauler

Thanks for posting the 3-views. Scale Masters here I come Ha! the quality of the Flyboy models Mauler is very good. all the parts are laser cut and inter lock so that if that cheap ARF hot glue does not get to all the joints it will still have structural integrity. the glass cowl seems to be pretty good and the heat shrink covering seems to be OK. I have had to reshrink it a few times now and have not had it in the sun yet.
There are some wierd design points, the engine mount structure and engine compartment are open to the inside of the fuselage, so oil may get all over your radio componets. I closed this off with some balsa sheet.
The gear is funny. as a scale guy the way the gear is, not good. I almost did not get it because of the gear. I'll bet that almost everyone who completes this ARF will have just wire struts, no covers and those cheap toy looking wheels.
This model does seem to have a fairly close scale outline, so it is a great one to modify.
Its a little work, but I am still trying to complete my gear modification. the mount plates are in. I tried to get just enough glue on them but not too much, if I have a really bad landing, I just want the plates to brake off and not the whole wing!