RCU Forums - View Single Post - Art Tech SU-27
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 11:01 PM
subarubrat
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Art Tech SU-27

I got my GWS EDF64 fans and the GWS blue 2025 motors installed and tested. They certainly feel stronger, one fan feels like it has more pull than both stock ones. That may in fact be true. I recall the one fellow measured 300g thrust on his SU27. The motors are pretty far from a GWS or graupner (maubichi) motor quality and the fans were aweful. The ones I removed had a fair amount of rubbing on the duct and there were hot glue runs on the blades which were sloppily molded. I would bet a set of EDF55 or EDF64 would have made the plane allot more flyable with no other mods. I have a set of 55s with fresh motors but by the time I thought of it I already had these in and it wasn't worth the effort just to experiment. It is ready to fly other than waiting on the 30c 2200s I ordered to arrive, as soon as they do I will get a video or some pics and a description posted.

Zafer, where did you find that brushless version, and what are the specs? I will give you some CG measurements when I get home Friday morning.